Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Welcome!

Hello everyone in internet-land and welcome to my new blog about jazz. The word "jazz" has different meanings to different people, but to me it encompasses everything from bebop to fusion to the avant-garde...anything that is improvised and that "swings" (and there are lots of ways to define the word "swing" as well...I'm not just talking traditional jazz here).

There will probably be a heavy focus on reissues here as a lot of the jazz I listen to regularly is pre-1990s. I will also spend a fair amount of space discussing artists and scenes that are not as widely known. There is a ton of music out there that deserves wider recognition. Really this blog is just about sharing some music I like with you. Please feel free to join in the discussion and share your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment