Monday, June 22, 2009

New Blog: This Day In Jazz

Several years ago I put together a website that listed jazz recordings in order of the date they were recorded. I did this primarily for myself first, as I had searched for quite a while for a site like this and much to my surprise I could never find one. I thought it would be a cool idea to have them organized like this so I could easily check the list and pull out a record to listen to on the exact date it was recorded. Of course, this doesn't always work out perfectly, as some records were recorded on multiple days and you don't always know which tunes were recorded on which days. Still, frustrated that something like this didn't exist, I decided to put it together. The site has been up for a while at www.thisdayinjazz.com and I know several jazz DJs who use it to program their shows. I've now decided to turn it into a blog as well, so that people can subscribe to the feed, or check the site every day and see what was recorded on that day. Here it is:

This Day In Jazz

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment